Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The future of this blog.

I'm still new to all of this, so I'm not sure if the third post is quite the right time to be having an existential crisis about this whole thing. I am going to be honest here and tell you all I do not have the knowledge or funds to make this a good airsoft blog. Nor do I know how much of this blog will even be about Airsoft. I originally thought this up back in October, and planned to blog about my life in college in general, with most of the focus being on airsoft. Hell, even just some of the stories of the shenanigans I've gotten into with the local Airsoft group would probably be enough to keep this place full of fresh material weekly. 

I wasn't kidding about the shenanigans.

 But how entertaining would that be? Do I owe it to the people that come here to talk about the topic at hand, fumbling through professional sounding review about guns I've never taken apart, let alone held, or do I make it a lot more personal, a more rookie view into the whole sport? I think I'll take the latter, and try to give the internet as a whole a newbie/intermediate player's opinion and experience with Airsoft. I've played with and against professional teams from all across Central Florida, and I've played pickup games in the local fields. I'm not going to pretend I have a serious clue about what I'm doing, but I guess thats part of the fun of playing; Going out there and just winging it. I'll let that philosophy be the muse for this blog from now on, and here's hoping you guys (and many more) stay tuned for it.



12 comments:

  1. I love airsoft! I live in England and theres a couple of really great places to go round here, we had a session in the snow a few months back! froze to death but it was fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. airsoft is new to me, nice to see a blog about it. Will check back for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. airsoft > paintball. that much i know. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good! Never tried this though, is it better than paintball?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like airsoft guns, but there is nobody selling the equipments near my area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Judging by that picture I think reading about your shenanigans will be plenty entertaining =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. how painful is getting hit by 1 of these?

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture looked liked a lot of fun and i used to have a cheap air soft D-eagle that me and a few friends would run around our neighbor hoods and shootin each other

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure you'll figure it out eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHERE IS THE FUTURE

    ReplyDelete